At the risk of sounding like a broken record, we’re going to state the obvious: buying a home is the biggest financial decision most people will likely ever make. Unlike when you go to McDonald’s and order a Big Mac, buyer’s actually expect your home to look the same as it does in all the images. This is why showing your home is so important to new buyers, and can determine how quickly you will sell your home.
To help ensure you have a successful showing, we have put together a list of seven things you should expect when showing your home:
- Make sure the house looks as it does in your listing photos. Those photos are what grabbed the potential buyer’s attention and made them want to see the home, so make sure they aren’t disappointed when they see the home in person.
- Make sure your home is clean and organized. Turn the television is off, open the blinds to let in natural light, and ensure there is nothing to distract people from what they came to see.
- Although you don’t need to get rid of everything, storing your personal belongings will help potential buyers to visualize themselves in the space. Take a quick walk through your home before each showing to ensure nothing is out of place.
- Whether you cooked particularly aromatic foods the night before, or you simply notice an odd scent lingering in the air, lighting a nice scented candle or better yet open the windows to let in some fresh air. Be cautious that the scent you choose is not too strong to avoid overwhelming or offending potential buyers.
- Don’t forget curb appeal! A fresh cut lawn, clean windows, and freshly painted trim can go a long way in securing your spot as the must see listing in the neighbourhood.
- Be conscious of the temperature of your home. You don’t want guests to be sweltering hot, or freezing while viewing the home. Anything to make them want to leave or have reason for concern you will want to avoid.
- If you need to make any major improvements, make sure they are done professionally. There are some projects that are great to tackle as a weekend DIY and others that are best left to the professionals. The sooner you realize the difference; the better off you will be as a seller – especially when it comes to the home inspection!
If you’ve mentally checked all the boxes above, then chances are you will be all set for your upcoming showing.
Pilon Real Estate Group Featured Listings: Click here!
We Keep You Covered When You Buy a Home With Our 12 Month Buyer Protection Plan!
Details at: www.OttawaBuyBack.com
Free Home Search With Proprietary MLS Access – New Listings – Faster Updates And More Accurate Data!
Find Homes Now: www.FindOttawaHomesForSale.com
Find Out How We Get Our Sellers More: Click here!
RE/MAX Hallmark Pilon Group Realty