Selling your home in today’s market requires some thoughtful planning and expertise. When it comes to preparing your house for sale, you need to take an objective look at your home and determine what updates and repairs are needed.
Create a list and decide what you can do to improve the overall presentation of your home that fits into your timeline and budget. Most buyers are looking for a home that is move in ready. So when a buyer sees a house that they like, but it requires repairs and maintenance this means that they have to invest money. When a buyer needs to invest money into a potential property they will definitely reduce their offer price- which is lost equity to you, the homeowner. The majority of buyers are willing to pay more for a house that has been well looked after, so show the buyers that your home is in turn key condition.
Here are some things to think about:
- What are the updates that need to be done?
- What is your budget? This will help you determine where to start. If you are not able to do everything, kitchens and bathrooms will bring you the best return on your investment. There are many ways to update these rooms without spending a lot of money.
- Are there any repairs that you’ve been putting off? Buyers are always looking for something to reduce their offer price. Completing all repairs helps to remove any thoughts of a lower offer.
- Are your permanent light fixtures old, broken, or outdated?
- What kind of condition are your windows, door trim and baseboards in?
- Are there any cracks or holes in your walls?
By completing your list, you are one step closer to having your home sell faster and for more money.
Pilon Real Estate Group Featured Listings: Click here!
We Keep You Covered When You Buy a Home With Our 12 Month Buyer Protection Plan!
Details at: www.HomeBuyerProtectionPlan.ca
Free Home Search With Proprietary MLS Access – New Listings – Faster Updates And More Accurate Data!
Find Homes Now: www.FindOttawaHomesForSale.com
Find Out How We Get Our Sellers More: Click here!
RE/MAX Hallmark Pilon Group Realty