Looking to sell your home quickly – and for top dollar? It might be time to make some updates. While “retro chic” details have had a recent moment in the spotlight regarding furniture and fashion, many homebuyers may not see truly outdated details as attractive selling points when purchasing a new home. As a seller, it can be greatly beneficial for you to make changes that will help you to receive the best offer possible.
Some items that date your home:
- Popcorn ceilings: Update these to a smooth textured surface.
- Tiled countertops: Still cleaning out grout on your kitchen counter? Update tiled countertops to a sleek, easy to clean surface (such as granite or quartz).
- Brass fixtures: Today, many homebuyers prefer fixtures to feature more neutral shades, like gray or black.
Other tips and tricks:
- Low budget? Don’t stress: Even small changes, such as updated cabinet hardware or light fixtures, can make a big impact.
- Get a second opinion: Sometimes it’s difficult to pinpoint what changes need to be made in a home. Ask a friend or your real estate agent for advice on what updates you can make.
- Find inspiration: Check out RE/MAX Pinterest boards to find some fresh ideas for your home.
Pilon Real Estate Group Featured Listings: Click here!
We Keep You Covered When You Buy a Home With Our 12 Month Buyer Protection Plan!
Details at: www.HomeBuyerProtectionPlan.ca
Free Home Search With Proprietary MLS Access – New Listings – Faster Updates And More Accurate Data!
Find Homes Now: www.FindOttawaHomesForSale.com
Find Out How We Get Our Sellers More: Click here!
RE/MAX Hallmark Pilon Group Realty