Buying your first home is one of the most complex transactions you may ever undertake. Your first step involves deciding how you will approach your home search. Who will you work with throughout this process, and how will you work with them?
As a buyer, you have a choice in representation. Most buyers today choose to have a RE/MAX Hallmark Pilon Group Realty agent represent their interests in a real estate transaction.
This is also known as Agency Representation (or fiduciary representation), which simply means that the agent you hire is legally bound to represent your interests. This involves the highest standard of care and extreme loyalty to you, the “client.”
Some agents will work with you as a “customer,” which carries a different level of responsibility. Most real estate professionals require a client relationship because it allows them to provide the full range of services that buyers need and deserve. Your agent will discuss representation with you and will request your commitment in writing for this level of service.
Tips to help you select the right real estate professional:
- Do your research, and find someone you feel comfortable working with
- Ensure the person you select is someone you trust, who listens to you, and respects your views
- Make sure they are knowledgeable and know the current real estate market conditions
- Don’t be afraid to ask them about the experience and past results
- Choose someone with a good reputation. At RE/MAX Hallmark Pilon Group Realty, client and agent referrals account for 70% of our business.
- Talk to family, friends, and colleagues who have gone through the home buying process to see if they can recommend anyone.
- Look for an agent who is experienced and knowledgeable in your market, but not so busy that they can’t give you due attention
Our team is different than most in that our agents “specialize” in either listing homes or buying homes. Our Buyer’s Specialists have each handled hundreds of home purchases and are well equipped to ensure their clients get the best value for their money. Reach out to us today to find out more!
Pilon Real Estate Group Featured Listings: Click here!
We Keep You Covered When You Buy a Home With Our 12 Month Buyer Protection Plan!
Details at: www.OttawaBuyBack.com
Free Home Search With Proprietary MLS Access – New Listings – Faster Updates And More Accurate Data!
Find Homes Now: www.FindOttawaHomesForSale.com
Find Out How We Get Our Sellers More!: Click here!
RE/MAX Hallmark Pilon Group Realty